Best Dots and Lines
Small Colour (Less than 30cm)
Small Black & Grey (Less than 30cm)
Runner Up Tattoo of the Day Friday
Tattoo of the Day Friday
Best Neo Traditional
Large Colour (Greater than 30cm)
Large Black & Grey (Greater than 30cm)
Best Photo Realism (Photo Reference)
Runner Up Tattoo of the Day Saturday
Tattoo of the Day Saturday
Best Collaboration Tattoo
Runner Up Tattoo of the Day Sunday
Tattoo of the Day Sunday
Runner up Best Multi-Day Tattoo (2+ Days)
Best Multi-Day Tattoo (2+ days)
Tattoo of the Show (Only TOTD’s & Multi-Day Winners eligible)
Please take a moment to read through the new rules and guidelines for the 2021 Australian Tattoo Competitions. If you are unsure of how these changes effect you or you would like more clarification, please email email@example.com
– Artists are only allowed to enter ONE niche category and Tattoo of the Day each day of the event. For example: You may enter Best Neo-Traditional and Tattoo of the Day on Saturday, but not Neo-Traditional, Large Colour and Tattoo of the Day.
– There is a cap of 3 entries per artist per niche category, IE you can only enter 3 pieces into Neo-Traditional.
– Entries per category have now been capped at 30 Entries, once the category is full there will be no more entries accepted.
– Healed and Fresh tattoos from exhibiting artists are elligible to enter the 2021 Tattoo Competitions.
-Healed Tattoos can not enter Tattoo of the Day or Best Multi-Day.
– Only Artists exhibiting at the event’s Tattoos can be entered into the 2021 Tattoo Competitions
– Tattoo of the Day entries MUST be started and finished on the day of that category, no exceptions.
– Collaborations can not be entered into Tattoo of the Day.
– Tattoos entered into Tattoo of the Day can not be continued to enter into Best Multi-Day.
– Healed work can not be entered into Tattoo of the Day.
– Tattoos done over more than one day can not be entered into Tattoo of the Day.
– A Tattoo Official will be on-site to monitor all TOTD Entries.
– Best Multi Day entries MUST be completed over 2 or more days at the event.
– Best Multi Day entries MUST be started and finished at the expo, no exceptions.
– Tattoos entered into Tattoo of the Day can not be continued and entered into Best Multi-Day.
– Collaborations can not be entered into Best Multi-Day.
– Healed work can not be entered into Best Multi-Day.
– Tattoos completed in one day can not be entered into Best Multi-Day.
– A Tattoo Official will be on-site to confirm the tattoos duration.
– Can be completed over Multiple Days.
– There is no longer a cap on how many artists can contribute to a collaboration to be eligible to win.
– All entries in Small Colour and Small Black and Grey will now be measured by a 30cm X 30cm Template that the tattoo must fit within. If it does not fit it will be moved to the Large alternative category.
– A photo reference must be supplied on-stage for Best Photo Realism.
– No manipulated images or photoshopped designs are eligible in this category, they will be eligible in Best Realism.
– A photo of the empty canvas must be taken and time-stamped prior to commencing the Freehand Tattoo.
– No pre-existing line work or stencils can be used.
– Any tattoo found not to be following the rules will be disqualified at the line by a Tattoo Official or Official Judge on-stage.
– If a tattoo is disqualified there is no refund of the entry costs.